Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day! Our BIG Chance?

Good morning America!
It may not be an omen of what the day has in store for all America, but I'll bet it's a preview of what my day'll be like. The boss and I showed up at the polling place, an unkempt fire house in Sanitaria Springs, at 6:00 AM. We were hoping to beat the rush and we got there all shiny and fresh, ready to cast that important ballot for the "Winfield Dream Team
" of politicians for 2009 and beyond.
Maybe it's just me.....The antiquated voting machine was refusing to cooperate. After about 100 years of faithful service, it had decided to balk at being awoken at such an ungodly hour to perform one day's more miracles. As I said, it could have just been me. My presence has that effect on machinery in general. "Hey, Winny's here, let's refuse to do anything 'til he's given up!" machines would bellow if they could.
At length, the berk from the Elections Board fumbled it into submission and the machine began to allow the endless line of hopeful citizens to cast their little ballots.
Days like this make you proud to be an American, don't they? You can bet that there are many people around this big blue ball that don't have the opportunity to perform this simple trick. We have the power to magically make world leaders out of minor and heretofore unimportant, generally insubstantial, and questionable individuals. What's up with that? That's real power!
Enough said. I hope my loyal readers are either going to, or have already gotten out to, vote!
It's not much, but it's the best we have.

No comments: