Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A Pirate Looks at Census?

Holy god almighty! The hottest news on the street is that the U.S. Census Bureau has drastically lowered the bar. How else can it be explained? They've hired me, a lowly pirate, to enumerate census. I don't know how many censae there are out there, but if one staggers into my field of vision, I mean to enumerate it. Some may escape enumeration, but hopefully most will not. Really! April 8th, I go for the 'Orientation' festivities. All the local freshly minted and newly unwrapped Enumerators will be herded to an as yet undetermined location, and be oriented en mass. I'm hoping for some new recipes and to sharpen my woking skills. "Make the most of it", I say somewhat optimistically. April 13th, the fun begins! A whole week of training. I hope I can keep my appetite until then. I'm all giddy. If this gets as interesting as it potentially may, there will be updates on these pages. Stay tuned and feel free to comment at will. How else can he tell if you're out there?
Keep on countin' on!

1 comment:

onjeesun said...

My sense is that this census will show a mass exodus since it’s the expenses in New York that have us all counting our cents’s. (Likely why you took the job – civic duty my a--!) Count me out. Love you ;)